Group Participant - Event Materials Workflow Options
Group participants who host (co-host) nursing events/conferences ("Conference Host") and wish to showcase posters and oral presentation slides from those events must choose one of the workflow options below.
After choosing an option, contact repository staff (email@example.com) to set up a training session, or to ask questions.
Option 1 - Self-archiving (presenters submit their own posters/slides)
1. The Conference Host must choose at least one staff member to serve as the submission moderator ("Moderator") within the repository system. This is a one-time step, repeated if the moderator changes.
2. The Moderator attends an online training session to become familiar with their role in the repository system.
3. The Conference Host must promote the repository to their presenters and direct them to the repository's author policies and instructions page: https://www.nursingrepository.org/author_info/. Instructions on registration, collection authorization, and submission are located here.
The Conference Host must instruct presenters to use the following text in their collection authorization request email to repository staff:
I am presenting [have presented] a poster/oral presentation at [insert the conference name here] hosted by [insert the Conference Host here]. They participate in this repository. I am requesting submission authorization to their collection, or the pooled event materials collection, as applicable to their participation level.
4. The Moderator must alert the repository staff when to expect submissions for each event and how many presentations were given at the event. They should also set a deadline for submissions and make the repository staff aware of that date.
5. The Moderator receives a system-generated email as each item is submitted.
6. The Moderator examines each submission and approves/rejects each item as necessary.
7. A repository staff member processes approved items and posts them in the appropriate collection. Processing may take from 60 - 90 days after Moderator approval, depending on general repository workflow.
Option 2 - Batch Upload
1. The Conference Host must choose at least one staff member to serve as liaison to the repository staff ("Liaison"). This is a one-time step, repeated if the liaison changes.
2. The Liaison attends a training session to clarify the batch upload process and their role in that process.
In the batch upload process, the presenters (as copyright holders to their works) do not self-archive their own materials. It is necessary for each presenter to grant permission to the repository to upload their work. The permission forms mentioned below are a necessary step in this upload process and may not be skipped.
Note: The Conference Host must use the prescribed form, substituting the form with similar language is not permitted due to copyright guidelines.
If a Conference Host would like to embed the form link in their event system, please let repository staff know so that they can provide the appropriate html code.
3. The Conference Host sends notice of their participation in the Henderson Repository to presenters with the appropriate permission form link:
Pre-event Permission: https://stti.wufoo.com/forms/event-presenter-participation-form-preevent/ (Send this link to presenters if you want them to grant permission prior to the event.)
Post-event Permission: https://stti.wufoo.com/forms/event-presenter-participation-form-postevent/ (Send this link to presenters if the event is has already taken place.)
4. The Conference Host sets the deadline for presenters to complete the permission form and relays that date to the repository staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The repository staff runs a permissions report the day after the deadline and sends it to the Liaison alerting them as to which presenters' materials are eligible for upload to the repository.
6. The Liaison completes the spreadsheet according to the template supplied in training and uploads the corresponding poster and slide deck files to the repository's online file sharing account. A link and login/password information to the file sharing account will be shared with the Liaison during training.
7. The Liaison sends the completed spreadsheet and notification of file upload completion to the repository staff at email@example.com. The repository staff will not set a deadline for completion of the spreadsheet and file upload; the timeline for this process is left to each Conference Host.
8. The repository staff reviews the spreadsheet and the uploaded files for errors. The Liaison will be asked to correct errors, if necessary.
9. Once the spreadsheet and files are error-free, the materials will be uploaded to the applicable collection and a confirmation email will be sent to the Liaison. Processing may take from 60 - 90 days after spreadsheet/file upload approval, depending on general repository workflow.
Visual Display of Option 2 Workflow Steps: