You must register with the repository and receive authorization to submit to a collection(s) prior to submitting materials. For registration instructions, please click here.
6 Steps to Share Your Work with the World
Step 1 - Preparation. Gather the general information that you would like to include in your item record, such as title, keywords, sponsors, abstract text, author contact information and other details that you may want to include. Whenever possible, all documents must be converted to PDF format prior to submission.
Step 2 - Log in. Select the Login option on the repository's homepage and sign in to the system.
After logging in successfully, your name will appear in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 3 - Begin the Submission. Click on the Submissions option under the My Account menu located on the left-hand side of the screen. This section appears below the Browse menu.
Step 4 - Start a new submission. Click on the start a new submission or the start another submission.
Step 5 - Collection Selection. Select the appropriate collection from the dropdown menu. There may be one or more collections listed based on individual authorization requests.
Step 6 - Item Description. Follow the onscreen instructions. Required information is marked with a red asterisk (*). If a field is not required, or does not pertain to your submission, leave it blank.
There are 10 tabs across the top of the page. Navigate through the tabs by completing the information in order. The final tab is a submission completed message.
- Tab 1 - Author Information. Tell us about yourself and all co-authors, if applicable.
- Tab 2 - Item Description. Describe the item you are submitting.
- Tab 3 - Degree Information. If you are submitting a thesis, dissertation, capstone, or student project, tell us about your degree. If this doesn't apply to your submission, please leave all fields blank.
- Tab 4 - Event Information. If you are submitting a poster, presentation slides, or paper presented at a conference, tell us about the event. If this doesn't apply to your submission, please leave all fields blank.
- Tab 5 - Publication Information. If you are submitting material that has been previously published in a journal or book, tell us about the publisher. This applies to traditionally published materials only.
- Tab 6 - Upload your file(s). You must upload a file to your submission. Whenever possible, please convert your file to PDF.
- Tab 7 - Review Submission. Review the data you have typed in and make sure that you have uploaded your file(s). If you have made any errors, you have the ability to edit the information.
- Tab 8 - Creative Commons License. You have the option to choose how you will share your work with the world. Will you allow others to profit from your work? Will you allow others to modify, build on, and reuse your work? This is an optional step.
- Tab 9 - Non-Exclusive Distribution License (NEDL). This license allows Sigma to permanently post your material in its repository. It allows the repository staff to add subject headings, clean up information in the descriptive fields, and to make small non-substantive changes to a file when necessary. Authors are not asked to give up copyright. It is the final step and is required.
- Select Next at the bottom of the page to progress through the tabs.
- Select Previous to return to a preceding tab.
- Select Save & Exit to save a submission to work on later. It will appear in the Unfinished Submissions section of your Submissions page until you submit or delete it.
Editing and Resubmission
If your submission is rejected for edits, you will receive an automated email listing the rejection reason(s). Follow the link in the email to locate the rejected submission. Login will be required.
The submission may be found under the My Account section, Submissions heading. The submission will be located in the Unfinished Submissions section.
Click on the title and then select the Resume option at the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see the Resume option.
Make sure that all of your original information and dropdown menu selections have been retained. Make the necessary changes and resubmit. The item will then go back into the review queue.