Why submit to the Sigma Repository?
- Visibility. Author materials are available to anyone with internet access and are indexed in all major search engines. Plus, its full-text searchable. When someone enters a word or phrase into a search engine, every word of every item in the repository is examined for a possible match.
- View and Download Tracking. It's also easy for authors to view and track statistics for their work, allowing them to see record views and file downloads from around the globe (country and city level).
- Proof of Impact. This quantifiable data may be added to a tenure dossier or annual review and presented to administrators and funders as proof of impact and as evidence of a need for future funding and continuing education support.
- Digital Mentions. The Sigma Repository offers authors free Altmetric tracking, which captures and collates digital mentions surrounding scholarly content from a range of online sources. Authors can know what people are saying about their work, see if it is influencing policy or making news outlets, and address any misinterpretations about their work as it appears.
- Permanent Storage. All materials are assigned a permanent URL for easy citation, identification, and location. This provides a convenient way to preserve clinical and scholarly output on secure servers.
Authors Retain Copyright
- Maintain Control. One of the major benefits of the Sigma Repository is that submitting authors retain copyright rather than assigning it to the Sigma Repository, allowing authors control over their work.
- Sigma Repository Rights. Submitters are required to agree to a non-exclusive distribution license, which allows Sigma to permanently post submissions.
- Guarantee. The submitting author also guarantees they have received all necessary rights and permissions to any material(s) contained in their submission that has/have been created by others.
- Sharing Your Rights. Creative Commons copyright (CC) licenses allow submitting authors to choose what rights they may give others who are viewing their materials. The submission process has an optional step to attach a CC license to the submission.
- Sigma supports all nurses and is committed to having material easily accessed by nurses across the globe.
- There is absolutely no cost to submit or view materials on the Sigma Repository.
Why participate in the Sigma Repository as a group?
Benefits to Groups
- Recognition. Group participants receive heightened recognition in the repository as users may browse by author affiliation.
- Impact. Upon three (3) continuous years of participation, a group may opt to receive a collection homepage, allowing for custom branding and collating all submissions associated with the group in one location.
- Interested in participating as a group? Visit this page to find out more: Group Participation Policies