Benefits of Posting in Sigma Repository
Benefits to Individuals
- Increased visibility of the work via an open-access, worldwide, online resource backed by Sigma (Research has shown that work published in open-access repositories can gain up to 30% more citations than research published in journals that limit access through paid subscriptions. That results in increased exposure to your work. Increasingly, more research funding bodies are insisting that work carried out under their grants must also be deposited within an institutional or subject specific repository.)
- Ability to quantify impact of posted works via built-in statistics features. Track item views and file downloads, plus follow social media mentions via Altmetric.
- Free and convenient way to preserve clinical and/or scholarly output.
- Copyright retention by the author.
- Credibility of peer-review process prior to an item's acceptance and posting (qualified items only).
- Increased impact on the nursing research community due to enhanced visibility/ease of access.
- Permanent web link to each submission that may be listed on a resume, personal/faculty web page, tenure dossier, or curriculum vitae. No more dead links!
- Enhanced prominence in search results returned on various online search engines.
- Perpetual storage - submissions are permanently stored on secure servers.
Benefits to Groups
Groups = any organization, school, or workplace where nurses work or learn (e.g., schools of nursing, hospitals, national/international organizations).
- All the benefits afforded to individuals carry over to groups.
- Recognition via a mention on the repository's participant page.
- Free and convenient means to preserve, organize, and share approved staff, or corporately-authored work with a worldwide scholarly and clinical audience.
- Strengthened impact of the group’s mission and research interests through association with this Sigma-backed resource.
Student participants associated with schools of nursing and individual nurse authors associated with a participating group have the same benefits as individual submitters.