Tips for Sigma Chapter Leaders
Use the Sigma Repository to:
- Speakers. Locate speakers for your next chapter event.
- Browse the Sigma Chapter field to locate item records submitted by chapter members.
- Browse by keyword(s) to locate on-point item records submitted by any nurse.
- Contests. Hold submission contests.
- Contests may occur within your chapter, and
- With other nearby chapters or as part of an at-large chapter setting.
- Recruiting. Search the General Affiliation field to locate potential members.
- Look for lapsed members and potential Nurse Leader members.
- Non-Sigma members may submit. Be aware of alma mater pride. It is a useful tool.
- Students (and nurses at all career stages) may submit to the Sigma Repository regardless of membership status.
- Networking. Use the repository's robust search and browse features to locate mentors, co-authors, and more!
- Leadership. Build nurse leaders! Chapters leaders, members, and potential members can submit their works to the Sigma Repository and share their knowledge with a global audience.
- Lead where you are at. Any nurse can be a leader!
- The Sigma Repository accepts submissions from nurses in any setting.
- Statistics tracking and online mentions, translating to visibility scores, supplement tenure dossiers, annual reviews, and performance reports.
- Grants/Funds. Use printable statistics to supplement grant and funding request applications.
- The repository features built-in usage statistics on a global scale and can track views and downloads at the city level.
- An Altmetric subscription (free to authors) offers online mentions tracking and a weighted visibility/impact score.